Accepting Apps for Hospital Controller - FINANCE
Join our team as a Controller and contribute to the financial success and growth of our organization while advancing your career in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
As a Controller, you will be a key member of our finance team, responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the company's accounting operations. Your primary objective will be to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and efficiency of financial processes and reports. You will lead a team of accounting professionals and collaborate closely with other departments to support the organization's financial goals and compliance requirements. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, a deep understanding of accounting principles, and a proven track record of successfully managing financial operations.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
• Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements along with revenue cycle reports and analysis.
• Provide regular financial reports and updates to the CFO, offering insights and recommendations to drive financial performance.
General Ledger Management:
• Oversee the maintenance of the general ledger and ensure accurate recording of financial transactions.
• Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and supporting documentation to guarantee compliance with accounting standards and company policies.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
• Collaborate with department heads to develop and monitor annual budgets.
• Assist in the creation of financial forecasts and variance analysis to aid decision-making processes.
Internal Controls and Compliance:
• Establish and enforce robust internal controls to safeguard company assets and prevent fraud.
• Ensure compliance with relevant accounting principles, laws, and regulations.
Team Leadership and Development:
• Supervise and mentor the accounting team, fostering a positive and growth-oriented work environment.
• Participate in performance evaluations and provide ongoing feedback and professional development opportunities.
Audit and Tax Coordination:
• Participate in the timely preparation and submission of schedules related to the annual financial audit, required tax filings and Medicare/Medicaid cost reports.
• Continuously evaluate accounting processes and systems, identifying opportunities for streamlining and efficiency improvements.
• Implement best practices and automation to enhance accuracy and reduce manual efforts.
Ad-hoc Financial Projects:
• Participate in special financial projects as required by the CFO, providing analytical support and strategic insights.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. A CPA designation is preferred.
• Proven experience (typically 5+ years) in accounting, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or managerial role.
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting standards.
• Proficiency in accounting software and ERP systems; experience with financial modeling tools is a plus.
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex financial data.
• Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage a team and collaborate across departments.
• High level of integrity and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
• Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and an aptitude for problem-solving.
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $31.54 - $46.48 per/hour
Ref Code: 100423 HOSPITAL CONTROLLER
Closing Date: 10/01/2024
Regina Martinez - Human Resources Director
la Paz Regional Hospital
1200 W. Mohave Road
Parker, AZ 85344